I m Mortal

My rants & experiences while coping with my life, college, work , an autoimmune disease called Dermatomyositis & an eye disorder called Optic Nerve Atrophy

Monday, August 12, 2013

Upside Down

So had a wonderful start to the month. I got a great opportunity to work with a company located close to my home. It is rated highly by the "Great place to work" institute. So I was really thrilled. They have asked me to join their team by October end. Couldn't ask for more..Really!

But last week, things literally turned on their head. On Friday after waking up, I had the worst feeling as my head was spinning like a top. No I wasn't drunk! The doctors have diagnosed it as "vertigo" and have put me on meds. I was so shaken up by this episode that am really starting to think if the "long" hours at work led to this new development. Even worse is the fact that I can't take a day off. Even on weekends! It's been a month I have been working non stop and I feel like its been a harrowing affair. 

The meds are pretty strong and feel drowsy. So as of now working from my home. But my boss is insisting I come to office. As of now, there is no way I can travel even a bit. My body has become very sensitive to noise. Even running commentary on tv/radio is driving me nuts! Sudden movements are a big cause for concern as it derails the vision completely.

Hoping for some sane moments for the remainder of the week! Hope I can last next couple weeks without getting too bogged down by all this. Hoping for the best for the battle ahead!

Ciao n Peace.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home