I m Mortal

My rants & experiences while coping with my life, college, work , an autoimmune disease called Dermatomyositis & an eye disorder called Optic Nerve Atrophy

Monday, April 15, 2013

Work Update

So it has been almost 3 months now, since I rejoined work. Things are looking pretty good. At least I have regained my confidence that I can work coupled with rest on weekends. Yes, it leaves me with hardly any time for other commitments. But that is something I always should have prioritized earlier as well.

So in this short time, I have already worked on 2 projects and helped a ton of people. Just can't believe what was supposed to be a temporary thing to help me get started, has helped me immensely in my professional life.

Working with DM is not an easy task like say climbing stairs :P But really helps with the satisfaction at the end of the day, of having accomplished something important. My work profile is such that it always ends up with lot of stress, long working hours, more communication with people compared to others in the team. But this time around, I was up for it and tried to keep stress levels low and that helped me some what to get into the "groove".

Health wise, I have been able to recover quite well. Usually after work, I feel a lot of fatigue. But ample amount of rest, music, playing guitar, yoga / meditation has helped me some what. I have observed bit of muscle wasting and scared of it, but doctors aren't too worried about it. I might have to do some physio therapy or exercises on my own. Since my current work place is pretty far from the main road and since some times the elevators don't work here! Yes I some times climb almost 3 floors ! So I have started driving down to work. It's just a 15-20 mins drive and get to park very close to the office. But that doesn't help with the exercises bit. Since taking a walk after reaching home is kind of a power drain. But climbing three floors is almost like punching in the stomach ! Leaves you breathless for a while. Need a good bit of chocolate bar & coffee to bring me back to my senses !

Enjoyed my birthday last week and had a great time with friends at a barbeque place near by. The food was awesome and now worried about putting on weight ! Since been to the same place twice last week :) Planning for a road trip some time in coming weeks. Only if I am up to it. Two of my very good friends haven't been to any road trips since Dec, 2011 after which I had the relapse. We had been to a beach resort then for snorkeling / scuba diving & visiting old forts and watching dolphins in the sea ! Hope to plan something as exciting in coming days.

Ciao n Peace.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home