I m Mortal

My rants & experiences while coping with my life, college, work , an autoimmune disease called Dermatomyositis & an eye disorder called Optic Nerve Atrophy

Sunday, January 06, 2013

A Day without pain & Rescue operations

Well I will start with something that sounds really good. A day without pain ! 

I had never been to a spa before, I always felt they were a total rip off. But the muscle pain,stiffness had really worsened due to winter, so decided to give it a try. I opted for a traditional thai massage followed by aroma therapy. OMG! The pain was completely gone by the end of the session. My neck was stiff, my quadriceps were screaming because of the muscle wasting, winter stiffness and my hands were being their usual self ! But everything changed at least for a day ! I think a visit to a spa is a must every month or two ! 

I have doing pretty well these past few weeks. I have to join work by Jan 09. I had been to my doc today and he was pretty happy. Winter is causing a havoc. But I found a way to reduce trouble by closing by bedroom window. I like open areas, so my bedroom window is always open and have a small mini garden outside my window. I have planted some good looking flower plants ! So closing windows, actually sounds depressing. But warm hands, legs help to reduce the pain/stiffness greatly. We don't keep heaters around here since its like getting baked in an oven throughout the year in Mumbai.

Oh and the rescue operation wasn't really related to DM but a cat. A cat had climbed over my AC near my bedroom window. There was a small ledge which had been enclosed. Somehow while escaping from other animal(s), the cat must have climbed up. Initially thought that there would be some kittens or something. Since the cat wasn't leaving the place. I tried to provide a makeshift ladder from a bamboo, but it still wouldn't budge. Tried to entice it by keeping fish, milk, wheat bread, water nothing worked. It just wouldn't come down. Finally had to call a friend who after almost 2 hours got it down and safely tucked away near by. I got myself hurt in the process and now have a small wound near my elbow that won't heal ! But the cat is safe and sound. Gives a visit every second day.

I am not really a cat person. In fact have some strong allergic reactions, if the cat is too fussy and is looking for attention from us. I like dogs. But coming back to the point, my friend requested me to keep the cat at home for few days since it looked bit frightened by some animal, mostly a male cat. I just couldn't afford to ! Just spending couple of hours and I had a small wound ! I can't afford to waste my energy on something that will run all over the place and have me clean up after it. I am feeling bad about it, since the cat seems to have taken a liking or prolly just wants some food as it comes mewing around my place ever so often !

Ciao n Peace.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home